2019 THANKSGIVING POINT SCARECROW FESTIVAL AGREEMENT
We invite you to participate in the Scarecrow Festival at the Aston Gardens. Anyone can register! Families, community groups, businesses, schools, and individuals are all welcome to participate. Entering your scarecrow into the festival is free. 4 Complimentary Admission Passes are included with submission of a scarecrow. The festival is included with regular Gardens admission. Garden admission/Scarecrow Festival is free for Thanksgiving Point Members.
Scarecrow Judging will take place during the event, and announced post event. For a complete list of prizes visit the main event page.
- Location: Ashton Gardens, 3900 N. Garden Drive, Lehi, Utah 84043.
- Registration Deadline: October 12, 2019, 6 pm. No Scarecrows will be accepted after the 12th at 6 pm.
- Scarecrow Drop Off: Saturday October 12th from 10 am-6 pm (MORE DETAILS TO COME VIA EMAIL)
- Event: Monday October 14 through October 19, 10 am - 6pm
- Scarecrow Pick-Up: Monday October 21, 10am-6pm
SCARECROW DROP-OFF is SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12TH
Scarecrow Regulations & Agreement
- Build your scarecrow to be freestanding; easily carried by two people, and weigh less than 100 lbs. Scarecrows should be homemade and at least 36 inches tall. Scarecrows will be dropped off in front of the Ashton Gardens Visitors center where our Gardens Staff will be setting up your scarecrow. Thanksgiving Point will provide stakes that have been placed in pre-selected locations. Your scarecrow should be ready to go at the drop off so our staff can mount it with no problems. Please remember you will not be able to set your scarecrow up at it's location - our staff will do that for you. If you have further questions about this, please contact Signature Experiences.
- Family Friendly Entries: Thanksgiving Point is a place for family-fun entertainment. Entries in poor taste for family viewing or depicting controversial subjects will not be accepted.
- Clean up: Cleanup will commence following the event on Monday the 21st. Thanksgiving Point is not responsible for anything left in the Gardens past Monday night. Please bring your own garbage bags.
- Trash and Recycling: Please take everything home with you, including any large platforms, branches, supplies, etc. We encourage you to recycle usable arts materials whenever possible.
- Admission: You may use your 4 complimentary admission passes during the festival, but please remember these are one-time use passes. For multiple days, please plan to purchase admission to view your scarecrow during the festival.
- Questions: All concerns and questions can be directed to our Signature Experiences team at (801) 768-4931 or by email at SigExperiences@ThanksgivingPoint.org.
Your scarecrow is your responsibility. Though we anticipate guests will respect the scarecrow, Thanksgiving Point is not responsible for any personal items that may be lost, stolen, or damaged during the event. Thanksgiving Point is not responsible for lost or damaged scarecrow items.
Scarecrow Festival is a unique and transformative community event and we are grateful for your collaboration and creativity. We thank you in advance for following these rules to ensure the success and sustainability of the event!
2019 Scarecrow Submissions are Currently Closed.