Educators, Teachers, Friends!
Welcome! Thanksgiving Point, strives to provide educational experiences for students, teachers, and families. We have a variety of programs and field trips, all aligned with the Utah State Science Core Curriculum, Intended Learning Outcomes, Standards, and Objectives which gives you and your students a one-of-a-kind experience. Please look through our offerings to find what best fits your needs as an educator. We are happy to answer any questions and we will do our best to accommodate you and your students.
Founded in 1995, Thanksgiving Point is a nonprofit farm, garden, and museum complex dedicated to providing children and families with interactive learning experiences. The organization’s diverse venues provide the community with hands-on learning experiences. Each year, more than 1.9 million guests visit Thanksgiving Point and participate in its core programs
Notice: Changes to Field Trip Policies and Procedures
To better serve the educational community and expand our programs we’ve changed our field trip offerings and policies. Please see the following details:
Important field trip offering and policy changes:
· Field trips must be booked 1 month in advance and pay 50% of the total field trip cost at the time of booking to receive a contract. Cancellations occurring at least 2 weeks before the field trip dates may receive a refund, less a $20 processing fee.
· Field trip is guaranteed upon receipt of contract and subsequent confirmation 2 weeks before field trip date.
· You may choose one from the following field trip offerings:
o Explorer: Receive a welcome from Thanksgiving Point staff and explore the venue on your own. Explorers are encouraged to use the online field trip resources provided or to develop their own plans.
o Explorer Plus: (available K-6 only, maximum of 4 classes per time slot): Included in this field trip are downloadable guides for adults and students to use during their visit, one facilitator to answer questions and provide information as you explore the galleries, and a 15 minute classroom activity for each class. Explorer Plus field trips are available on a first come first serve basis. (Not available for field trips to the Garden).
· Explorer field trips are $4 per student, Explorer Plus field trips are $5, and Career Exploration Experiences are $6. Explorer Plus field trips require a minimum charge of $75 per group, per day; Explorer field trips do not.
· Explorer Plus field trips will be offered at 10:00, 11:30, 1:00, and 2:30 and teachers should plan for a 50- 70 minute experience. Explorer field trips will be offered on the hour starting at 10:00 AM. Career Exploration Experiences will be offered at 10:00, 11:30, 1:00, and 2:30 from November to February and teachers should plan for a 3 hour experience.
· All field trip experiences include resources provided online for download including a teacher instruction packet, student journal, chaperone guide, and pre and post activities to compliment your field trip experience.
· One adult chaperone for every 4 children is free of charge. (*except Mammoth Screen Movie*) This ratio is mandatory for K-6 field trips. All other adults will be charged %50 admission. Additional children or siblings are not allowed.
· Field trip drop-off locations vary with each field trip. Busses may park in designated
areas for each field trip. Areas will be mapped out in the packet the teacher receives for the field trip.
To download the complete 2014/2015 Field Trip Policies and Procedures click HERE
To learn more about field trip offerings and to schedule a field trip, click on the links in the menu bar to the left.